Saturday, January 12, 2013

Where did it all go?

You may be wondering where all of my old posts have gone. I'm not really sure...Where do things on the internet go when you "delete" them? My husband and I discussed it and felt uncomfortable with some of the more personal information that had been shared such as names, dates, and etc. We both did not feel that this was something we should divulge publicly. So rather than going through all of the posts to see which ones were too "informative" we just took them all down.

I've also been thinking about which direction I wanted to take my blog. It has been a mixture of family information and milestones, product and book reviews, along with a written journey of my faith. Writing is essential to me. It is my way to think aloud, refine and even define my thoughts and beliefs.

I certainly do not have all the answers. In fact most often heard from my lips over the past six months is "I don't know." This has been a very uncomfortable place for me. I don't like not knowing. I like things that are certain, well planned, back up plans, schedules and routines. Right now the only thing that is constant to me is the Lord.

Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.
Psalm 136:26

Now you may be wondering have I completely changed? Have I had a crisis of faith. No. Simply, I am seeing that I need to live each day totally surrendered to Christ and trusting in the sovereignty of  God. That doesn't sound any different from the majority of my posts, right? Perhaps what I've failed to convey is the courage this path of surrender takes. I have spent the past six months quaking in my boots anguishing every what-if in the book. I know the Lord's calling on my life...I simply have to surrender. I have to trust that He will have a solution to the what-ifs. All of my planning is simply a waste of time and a toil on my emotions and energy. I simply need to wake up each day and live for Him.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

As always I hope that my blog encourages others in their faith and brings glory to God. I look forward to seeing what the Lord does in 2013. 





 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see this post from you! I too took a break from my blog and have been pondering the direction I want it to go. I feel like I have been on the same page as you just described. I have not posted for few months and I felt like I was spending too much time on the computer and needed to focus on my family and get my priorites in order. I want to live a life that is all glory to God submitting every area to him. I will start posting again soon. Maybe I will shoot for February 1st. Right now I am doing the Daniel fast for 2 more weeks and doing alot of praying and bible study/reading. God bless you Amanda for sharing your heart. May God guide you and light your path as you trust Him and lean on His everlasting arms and not the arms of the flesh.

I look forward to reading more from you!
Kim